FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).


Employment Law
Family Law
Landlord- Tenant Law

What is Ejectment?

When no landlord- tenant relationship or agreement exist between the parties, the party owner should file an action in circuit court to remove person(s) from his/her property. Ejectment is a statutory remedy found under Florida Statute Ch. 66 providing a person with a superior title interest in a property to request that the court order the current occupant to vacate the property restoring possession to the superior title owner. The occupant, however, may file a betterment petition with the court seeking reimbursement for the value of the improvements made by the occupant to the property while possessing the property.


Call Attorney Danialle Riggins for a free telephone consultation to discuss your situation.


Frequently Asked Questions and Answers - Wage and Hour Law

What rights do I have in a landlord/tenant relationship?

Sounds like an easy question, right?  It can be if there is a written agreement between the landlord and the tenant expressing specific terms like how much rent is to be paid, when it is to be paid, and how longw long the landlord-tenant agreement is to last for. If there is no agreement Florida laws help provide some guidance to the parties.

Attorney Riggins has handled evictions, ejectments, vilation of L-T agreements for both the landlords and the tenants.  Call 352-433-2400  for a free telephone consultation with Danialle Riggins, Esq.

Let me explain to you personally what thelaws adn rights each party has. What statutory notices and steps that must be completed for a proper eviction and claims against rental deposits.

What if there is no length of time for the L-T agreement?

If the rental agreement contains no provision as to duration of the tenancy, the duration is determined by the periods for which rent is payable (week-to-week, month-to-month, etc.). All other terms are either those specifically addressed by law or those that are part of the agreement between you and your landlord.

How is suppose to make repairs and do maintenance?
You and your landlord share many of the responsibilities. Maintenance of the premises is a good example. Your landlord must provide a healthy, properly maintained place for you to live. You are required to keep the premises in good condition and to occupy them as a peaceful neighbor. However, read the lease/rental agreement for specific terms and agreements for each L-T agreement.

Do I have to let the landlord/manger into my rental?

First once you agree to rent a dwelling, your right to possession is much the same as if you owned it. The landlord however, can enter at reasonable times with proper notice to inspect, make necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations or improvements, supply agreed services or show it to a prospective or actual purchaser, tenant, mortgagee, worker or contractor.

Are there laws that say what the landlord must do?

Yes. *Comply with the requirements of applicable building, housing and health codes; or
*Where there are no applicable building, housing or health codes; maintain the roof, windows, screens, floors, steps, porches, exterior walls, foundations and all other structural components in good repair and capable of resisting normal forces and loads;
* Keep the plumbing in reasonably good working condition.

Are there laws that say what a tenant must do?

Yes. *Comply with all building, housing and health codes.
*Keep the dwelling clean and sanitary.
*Remove garbage from the dwelling in a clean and sanitary manner.
*Keep plumbing fixtures clean, sanitary and in repair.
*Not destroy, deface, damage, impair or remove any part of the premises or property belonging to the landlord, nor permit any person to do so.
*Conduct him/herself, and require other persons on the premises with his/her consent, to conduct themselves in a manner that does not unreasonably disturb the tenant's neighbors or constitute a breach of the peace.
*Use and operate in a reasonable manner all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and other facilities and appliances, including elevators.

Contact us online today!
or Call for a free telephone consultation: 1(352)-433-2400.

Terms of Use | Disclaimer © 2006 Your Agency. All rights reserved